What does the Ledger Nano X hardware wallet do?
Apart from taking your cryptocurrencies offline, which is the safest way to store crypto assets, the Ledger Nano X hardware wallet can send and receive payments, check your account balances, and manage multiple addresses for each currency.
What are the Nano X key features?
- Manage your crypto assets on the go, anywhere you go as long as you have a network connection. It's Bluetooth enabled and can be used with your smartphone paired with Ledger Live
- Intuitive controls via the Ledger Live user interface
- USB cable to connect to Ledger Live on desktop. Bluetooth enabled to connect with your smartphone (iOS9 or Android 7 and above)
- Bluetooth connection provides encrypted end-to-end security
- Stores more than 100 apps at a time (depending on the size of the app). Compatible with more than a 1000 types of coins. For a list of supported crypto assets - click here
- State of the art security. Your private keys are stored in a certified secure element similar to your credit card. Features a certified secure element (CC EAL5+) chip which is the most secure type of chip in the market to keep your cryptographic assets safe
- Digital screen to confirm transactions and view wallets
- Allows you to create an 8 digit Pin Code and generates a unique 24 word Recovery Phrase (24 words) for wallet access, backup or restoration.
- Multi app support. Download apps through Ledger Live
- Foldable, compact and easy to carry
What's in the box?
- Ledger Nano X hardware wallet
- USB-C cable
- Recovery sheets
- Instructions on getting started
- Key chain strap
Unboxing the Ledger Nano X
Shop Ledger Nano X, Ledger Nano S Plus or Ledger Nano S hardware wallets
What cryptocurrencies/ tokens are supported?
The Ledger Nano X hardware wallet is currently compatible with over 1000 coins. This list is being continuously updated with new firmware releases. You can add apps developed by Ledger and the community through Ledger Live. The following lists some currencies supported at present. For a comprehensive list click here.
- Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold, Dash, Dogecoin, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Komodo, Litecoin, PoSW, Ripple, Stratis, Zcash, Fido U2F, Hello, Ark, Expanse, UBIQ, PIVX, Vertcoin, Viacoin, Neo, Stealthcoin, Stellar, Hcash, Digibyte, Qtum, BTCP, ZenChash
- All Ethereum based tokens (ERC 20 tokens) including POWR, Golem, Monaco, TenX and a range of others are supported. Please see our Facebook page for regular updates to this list as the list is continuously updated.
What are the Nano X specifications?
Dimension and weight
- Size - 72mm x 18.6mm x 11.75mm
- Weight - 34g
- 64 bit desktop computer Windows (8+), macOS (10.10+), Linux excluding ARM processors
- Compatible with smartphones iOS9+ or Android 7+
- Not compatible with Chromebook
Microcontroller and connector
- Cable with USB Type C connector for Ledger hardware wallet and USB Type A connector for desktop
- Certification level: CC EAL5+
- Chips: ST33J2M0 (secure) + STM32WB55
What is the Ledger user interface?
The super intuitive Ledger hardware wallet user interface is called Ledger Live. To download Ledger Live click here.
Ledger Nano X set up instructions
Ledger Wallet has prepared a series of official tutorials for set up and performing transactions using Ledger Live. We highly recommend watching a few video tutorials with step by step instructions prior to configuring and using your hardware wallet. Click here for suggested videos.
Shop Ledger Nano X and Ledger Nano S Plus hardware wallets
5 things to know about crypto Hardware Wallets
Binance Academy: Ledger Nano X Hardware Wallet Review