Binance Smart Chain is now supported on Ledger Live including its native coin BNB as well as some BEP20 and BEP721 (NFT) tokens.
Which Binance Smart Chain coins and tokens are supported?
Binance Smart Chain has the capacity to support a large number of transactions with low gas fees and high transaction speed. BNB and some BEP20 tokens can be managed via Ledger Live through a Binance Smart Chain account.
How do I create a Binance Smart Chain account in Ledger Live?
To manage and transact your BNB and BEP 20 tokens on Ledger Live,
- Open the Ledger Live app and connect and unlock your Nano S, Nano S Plus or Nano X hardware wallet.
- Navigate to the ‘Accounts’ tab and click the ‘Add Account’ button, select Binance Smart Chain and click continue.
- Once the BSC account is added, navigate to the ‘Receive’ tab, select BSC Account and click continue. At this point Ledger Live and your hardware wallet will display your Binance Smart Chain address.
- Verify and confirm the address to deposit your tokens. Ensure you use this address only to deposit BNB or supported BEP20 tokens.
Points to note:
- Note Binance Smart Chain is a different protocol to Binance Chain. Only Binance Smart Chain is supported by Ledger Live. BEP2 tokens are different to BEP20 tokens. BEP2 tokens are on Binance Chain whilst BEP20 tokens are on Binance Smart Chain.
- Not all BEP20 tokens are supported on Binance Smart Chain on Ledger Live. Some are fully supported, some are partially supported and some are not supported. Only fully supported tokens will display a balance amount and value. If you have sent any non supported BEP20 tokens to your Ledger by mistake, your token are safe – you will need a Metamask Wallet to view the tokens.